Hotels in Balearic Islands (13965 results)
As archipelago in the western Mediterranean Sea, Balearic Islands play an essential role for tourists who are fond of a beach vacation and water activities. In fact, this tourist destination is widely known due to the warm climate, well-developed infrastructure, and a variety of interesting historical attractions. Nowadays, Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza, and Formentera are considered the most popular islands of this archipelago. Therefore, if you aim to spend time in the company of enchanting coves, gorgeous sunsets, and lush natural landscapes, which are combined with the highest quality services, you should definitely head to the Balearic Islands.
This archipelago is situated just off the coast of Spain. At the same time, it serves functions of the autonomous community of Spain coextensive with the Spanish province of the same name. Once you arrive at this tourist destination, you are expected to be impressed by woodlands, almond trees, fertile plains, and craggy cliffs. In turn, Puig Major is regarded as the highest point on the island that peaks at 1,445 m on the island of Majorca; the lowest point of the archipelago is the Mediterranean Sea (0m). This territory was established by the statute of autonomy of 1983. Nowadays, it is famous for the islands that are visited by approximately 14 million individuals annually.
This island is similar to Ibiza in terms of nightlife, although it is also famous for its clean beaches and numerous water activities, such as scuba diving, windsurfing, fishing, sailing, and even surfing. On the territory of Mallorca, people can find the Mediterranean's most beautiful coves, white sand beaches, and pine groves. Besides, it is recommended to take into consideration the capital of this island, Palma de Mallorca, which offers the perfect combination of seaside relaxation and culture. For example, La Seu Cathedral, Arab Baths, Casco Antiguo, and Bellver Castle are considered the main local attractions.
In spite of the fact that this island is popular among admirers of party life, it is still more suitable for people who like a more relaxed vacation. In fact, visitors of this island have the opportunity to enjoy their vacation on 80 beaches and bays. The majority of these places are still unspoilt and surrounded by pines or the typical Mediterranean “macchia” trees. Furthermore, turquoise waters are often considered the main symbol of this island.
When it comes to youth, this age group usually prefers going to Ibiza. It can be explained by the abundance of nightclubs, bars, and pubs on the territory of this island. Moreover, this place attracts the attention of its visitors with an incredible climate for a beach vacation, as there are more than 300 days of sunshine every year. As the paradise of party freaks and night ravers, this island is visited by 7 million tourists every year. Therefore, if you are an admirer of noise, fun, and unstoppable parties, come to this island.
With its extension of nearly 83 square kilometers, this island still belongs to the list of the most popular destinations on the Balearic Islands. Despite the fact that it does not have an airport and can only be reached by ferry, Formentera tourist arrivals have increased by 4.5% in the past years. Today, it is visited by nearly 3.2 million tourists every year. Such considerable popularity can be explained by the abundance of stunning boutique hotels, old towns, empty beaches, and delicious food. Additionally, the lack of crowded beaches makes this place a paradise for admirers of peace and tranquility.
Taking into account that the Mediterranean archipelago enjoys pleasant weather year-round, there is no bad time to visit this place. However, there are seasons when a beach vacation is expected to be more interesting there. For instance, the weather of this archipelago is usually associated with mild winters and pleasantly warm summers. In the summer, the temperature can reach over 30°C, whereas the winter can be characterized by 15°C. Subsequently, if you want to enjoy sunny vacation combined with the highest quality services in hotels and restaurants, head to Balearic Island from May till October.
●.Visit one of the most beautiful mountain villages called Valldemossa, which is located in Mallorca.
● Dance in the clubs of Ibiza until the sunrise.
● Explore Menorca’s atmospheric former capital Ciudadela, as it has an interesting cathedral, elegant palaces, and medieval churches.
● Snorkel off the coast of Mallorca.
● Spend Lazy days on Formentera beaches, which are famous for clear waters and long stretches of sand.
● Head to Palma de Mallorca, where you can admire a variety of attractions, including Can Forteza Rey, Llotja, and Es Baluard Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art.
● Learn the basics of several water activities, such as windsurfing and kitesurfing.
● Get acquainted with the traditional foods of the Balearic Islands, which is mostly presented by seafood and alcohol drinks.
● Enjoy the cruise across the coastline of local islands.
● Visit the UNESCO-listed Old Town of Eivissa on Ibiza Island.
● Head to the Natural Park of Ses Salines on the Formentera Island, where you can find different species of birds, as well as land covered with salt flats.
● Attend music concerts of world-famous singers and DJs.
There is no doubt that local cuisine can be considered one of the main benefits of the Balearic Islands, as this archipelago is widely known due to the tastiest seafood in the world. Whether you prefer sweet or savory, you will be able to satisfy all your expectations. For example, seafood, pork, almond, olive oil, bread, and tomatoes are the main ingredients of local dishes. At the same time, the island can impress its visitors with unique dishes that are not served in other parts of the world. For example, ensaimada, sobrassada, Mallorcan soup, and the lobster stew are the most popular dishes on the islands. The ensaimada is a spiral-shaped pastry, whereas sobrassada can be described as a red, thick spicy or sweet sausage made from the black Balearic pig.
In spite of the dish that you choose at the restaurant, you should remember about tips that make up 10% of the total bill. When it comes to drinks, tourists should pay attention to hierbas mallorquinas. It is a thick, green alcoholic liqueur made from a variety of herbs.
There are regular international flights to Ibiza, Mallorca, and Menorca. Major airlines operate direct flights there, including EasyJet, British Airways, Flybe, Iberia, Ryanair, and Jet2. Air Nostrum is dominant in inter-island travel. There is a narrow-gauge train on Mallorca. There are no railways on any other islands.
Also, you can get to the islands by boat, cruize ships, or ferry. Motorbike and car hire is widely available here.
Taking into consideration that the Balearic Islands belong to the list of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe and the whole world, this archipelago offers numerous opportunities in terms of accommodation. Therefore, you will be able to find the best place to stay despite your budget.
● As a 5 star hotel in Palma de Mallorca, Palacio Ca Sa Galesa can be regarded as one of the best places to choose on the Balearic Islands. In fact, it is famous for the atmosphere of the 16th century combined with the technologies of the modern period.
● Located on the famous Playa d’en Bossa, Hard Rock Hotels is tremendously known as one of the best hotels in Ibiza. Nowadays, it is famous for the pool, a beachfront restaurant, and live performances.
● If you aim to increase the level of awareness of the historical heritage of Menorca and its archeological remains, visit the hotel named Torralbenc.
● Situated in the heart of Es Pujols area (Formentera Island), Blanco Hotel offers the highest quality services in the rooms, outdoor pool, and a bar.
Nevertheless, any hotel located on the Balearic Islands can be booked with the help of HotelFriend.