Our mission is to make the HotelFriend products as convenient and user-friendly as possible. Here are some of the new features and improvements that we are happy to present this week.
What’s new for hoteliers?
1. Further improvement of Prepayments in the Booking Offers
We’ve improved Prepayments for the bookings with the new Cancellation Policy. When accepting a booking offer via the Booking Button, the guest will be charged for the amount according to the prepayment amount configured by the hotelier in the system.
2. Added “Split charges” option in the Charges tab
Now you can split charges between several guests by amount or percentage before invoicing. For instance, you can split one bill between two guests and let one of them pay 60% and the other one – 40% of the whole sum.
3. Added an ability to attach images to the task while performing the “Create Task” action
4. Improved Revenue widget on the Dashboard
You can view the statistics on Key Performance Indicators for “Today” and “Yesterday”.
5. Rolled out a new integration with ZafiroTv
This integration allows users to preview information about available services on the hotel’s TV system.
6. Introduced an ability to move billing items from the Guest to Company
7. Enhanced the layout of a “Quick Booking” modal window
You can now set up a custom price for the booking.
8. Added Czech as a new system language
9. Added the "Add reservation to group" action to the Reservation page
10. Added “Move charges” and “Create collective order” to the Booking group
We’ve also enabled editing a Group name of your group booking.
11. Enhanced the view of Subscription to the Payment method
12. The Guest or Company ID will be displayed in the FIBU export report
It’s now possible to set up the ID field in the Guest or Company card, the data from which will be featured in the FIBU export report.
13. Improved the Check-in/Check-out Daily Report
Added new fields such as “Door PIN code”, “Breakfast”, and “Commentary”.
14. Pop-ups now contain links to the entities to which they refer
For instance, when a new reservation comes in and the hotelier sees a related pop-up notification, they can go straight to the reservation card by clicking on the link in the pop-up.
15. Introduced a Calendar widget that you can use on the hotel website
You can choose specific colors that match the overall style of your website.
16. Made some minor fixes
- a) Added a “Country” field in the Company invoice.
- b) Fixed a quota validation message in the “Add Order” modal window that appears when the order exceeds the limit in quantity.
- c) Fixed issues with displaying the status of payment made through Sofort.
- d) Fixed invoice layout for Fiskaly integration.
- e) Fixed the issue where the days failed to fill up automatically after the setup of Seasons.
- f) Fixed an issue where in some cases the guest's comments and notes were not displayed in the guest's booking card.
- g) Fixed inconsistent validation of the date field when creating a report without a date.
- h) Fixed double push of notification to one device when changing the reservation status.
- i) Improved sending of a Confirmation email.
Web release v.2.32.0: what’s new for website users?
1. Made some changes to the header in a Booking Engine
You can now see there the number of guests, selected dates, and the number of deals that you can choose with enabled filters.
2. Improved the view of services in My Trips
Orders are now aligned and grouped in a new way. You can scroll them in the booking preview and change order dates.
3. Enhanced display of VAT in the Booking Engine
4. Improved view of the Cancellation policy in Rooms card
5. Added a new modal window that displays featured services
To make the choice of services clear, we’ve improved the suggestions list and the way it’s presented to the customers.
6. Added a possibility to change the quantity of the services in the Shopping card
7. Made some minor Fixes
- a) Improved text about Fast check-in in My Trips.
- b) Fixed the change of dates in deals.
- c) Fixed text of additional charges, if only services are added to the cart.
Product Updates v. 3.68.1 from 05.09.2022
1. Now payments made via SOFORT will go directly to the hotelier’s Stripe account
2. Actions for group bookings have been reorganized
Bulk actions that can be triggered with checkboxes on the group booking list now work for every booking. E.g., you can create 3 invoices for 3 separate bookings with one "Mass create invoice" action. And the actions that can be triggered in the view of the group in the upper right corner will work together for the group. Thus, the “Create invoice” action will create a single invoice with the billing items from all bookings of the group.
We’ve also added new actions to the Group Booking card, such as “Remove booking from Group Booking”, and “Move booking(s) from one Group booking to another Group Booking”.
3. Added new actions in Reservations
Now such actions as “Resend booking offer/confirmation email” are available.
4. Enhanced "Split charges" action
The "Split charges" action has been improved. It can now as well be applied to charges with a negative amount, such as Discounts.
5. Improved some Front Desk features
Now, if the payer doesn't live in the room, the system shows the name of the Guest instead of a payer on the Front Desk.
6. Added “Sort by orders” action in a grid on the Services page
- a) Fixed a date-range Picker in the “Edit Reservation” modal window.
- b) Fixed the amount rounding problem in the “Split meals” feature.
- c) Fixed a bug that did not allow to convert a sold voucher into a reservation.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the release or our products, please let us know. We look forward to your input for our future updates and optimizations!